14 March 2009

wet, cold and dirty

Saturday met us with 45 degrees and just enough moisture in the air to be bothersome. The course in Blythewood was great...technical, yet still fast and fun, especially in the rain. We 'warmed' up for a few laps and then lined up, only to stand and get colder for 15 minutes before the start. The legs protested pretty much the entire race and I never got comfortable. They shortened our race in an effort to make up some time lost, so we only raced for @ 35 minutes.
Doog was 2nd yet again, GW was 6th and I finished 9th, which is fine for the fact that I just sucked today, Timberlake finished 16th in his first race since catting up. SoPro has been nominated for her C.B.A. Card. She won the Women's race, finished top ten in the 3 race and finished 3rd in the 4s. That's right, she did three races back to back to back. I've said it before and I'll say it again, SoPro is harder than you!!!!
Coco got in the front split of his race and came home 3rd. We all pulled down a little scratch and had a nice lunch at Five Guys...mmm...burgers and fries...

Edit- Ladd nabbed 2nd in the 35+ race and Jay was a strong 15th in the P-1/2

Oh, and the comedy for the day was Doog and I trying to stay warm and getting dressed INSIDE the Mini Cooper. It's a fine, fine vehicle and I'd like to own one, but it's a piss poor changing room!

No comments: