29 March 2009

Rest week over

Saturday I didn't even bothher to get dressed to go to the group ride. Turnout has been disappointing at best and the overcast and fog on Saturday morning didn't inspire confidence in estimating attendance numbers. I showered, got dressed and went to the zoo with the H.O. and the M.Ts. It was way more fun than dragging around the group for 3 hours. It started to rain @ 11, so I was right to no-show.
Sunday, the wind was blowing at high rate, so Doog and I decided to do a little bit different ride. We got on the cross bikes and headed across the river. We ended up hitting Old State Rd. and followed it all the way out to it's end, at I-26. The dirt was really wet and generally hardpacked. There were a couple of loose parts, but it was definitely a good way to get kick-started and may be added to the training repetoire in the winter. Big gears, low cadence, high rolling resistance...sounds like a recipe for building power.
After two days on the cross bike last week, it has becone clear that it needs some TLC. My usually quiet bike has begun creaking like an aged prostitute's hips. I guess a lot of rain rides and lack of general maintenance has caught up with the old gal.

Send healing thoughts to Rich. He hit the ground pretty hard on Saturday's RoP and got a slight shoulder separation for his efforts. Hey Mulo, stop going out to Salsa Cabana, messing with Eastern European immigrant women, and buy a new set of wheels!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too bad, you'd have enjoyed the last 30 miles in a downpour. I was even glad I was at (gasp)...work.

MM said...

Isn't that one of the Seven Signs? JB glad to be @ work...