05 March 2009

Hump Day

Doog, Coco and I went out last night for a loop. I had zero interest in riding hard, so when Coco ramped up the pace, Doog and I let him go. Of course, the diminutive one couldn't let it go, so he chased and caught Coco at the top of Dixie. I was about 1/2 down the climb when I saw them make the turn.
I stayed right happily inside my happy little slow/spin/recovery zone and never saw the two of them again. No matter, I quite enjoyed my slow spin around the loop @ sunset. It was possibly one of the most enjoyable rides I've had in 2009. I spun home in the small ring and ended up with right at 2 hours on the bike, including the extra 30 minutes Doog and I got spinning around, waiting for Coco to show up @ 5:45 (we got out @ 5:15).
It's really nice outside today, but the H.O. is on the road today, so I haven't a clue when, or if, I can get out. It may be another session on the trainer.
I think Doog and I may meet tomorrow night at the crit course for a ride. As I am not, nor will I ever be equated with anything resembling, a climber, I'm skipping River Falls on Saturday. I will be riding Saturday morning @ 9 from the gate. 3 hours or so, at a moderate pace. May open the legs once or twice, but that's about it. It's supposed to be warm and pleasant, so pull your bikes out, dust them off, air up the tires and come out!
Sunday, we'll be @ BMW in Greenville...

2 comments:

PENNY TRATION said...

one must ask, could there be a larger tool than you?

MM said...

One will get an answer...
Since you took the time (likely 2 or 3 days) to come up with such a witty screen name, and then took the time to sign up for Blogger, just to make a half-hearted, half-brained attempt to be insulting, the likely answer to your question is looking back at you in the mirror every morning! If your testicles finally drop, feel free to speak to me in person. I'm easy to find...