04 March 2009

It still sucks, but...

Okay, maybe I'm being a bit too hard on my trainer. As much as I hate the infernal contraption, it's really not so bad when doing a structured workout.
The H.O. had a 'focus group' for their NASCAR sponsorship/marketing last night, so I hit the Manhole for some 2x20s. Now, before you say, 'it was nice, why didn't you ride outside?', I'll tell you that I had 1 hour to do something, so the turbo was my only option for any real work...so there!
Anyway, I warmed up for 10 minutes and then rolled into the first 20 minute effort. I was watching 08 Gent-Wevelgem and had the stereo on LOUD, so the pain was pushed to the back a bit.
At about minute 19, I felt really good and the 95% effort wasn't that bothersome, so I decided, on the fly, to make it a 1x40 effort. I stayed @ 177-179hr pretty much the entire time, which equates to 95-97% of my max, or @ 340w. I jacked it up to 185hr for the last 5 minutes...better to burn out than fade away! The last 5 minutes were not very enjoyable. I spun down for 10 minutes and went back into the house completely soaked and with better legs than when I started. One hour...no fuss, no muss! Well, there was a small muss...the floor under the C'dale looked like a small lake.
I know I actually DID something last night, as my ribs are sore this morning. I guess that's a good thing.
Sold the 29er in 1 day...

No comments: