11 March 2009

TNCWC #1

A big group was in attendance last night, which is a good thing for our little Tuesday night pill party. The group stayed together for the first 15 minutes or so, then the attacks came. Doog went away with a couple of guys. Coco and JayC jumped across a lap or so later. The break ended up being 7...3 of them from PV. The remaining members of PV went into cover mode and NOTHING had a chance of making a dent in the gap. 4 of us stayed on the front and simply rode a bit of tempo, covering when necessary.
Doog won, Coco and JayC diced it out for 2nd...PV went 1-2-3.
I felt pretty average as a whole, but did my part and still got a good workout. It was harder than any 'organized' race I've been in yet this year!
I cleaned the course Monday night, but in the darkness, I couldn't really tell it's condition. It looked alright, but with the amount of construction going on out there through the day, it will be a bit of a constant battle to keep it clean and safe. I think I may go rent one of those giant blowers and really get down to business...unless someone has access to one and doesn't mind me borrowing it for a day. :)
Anyway, thanks for coming out everyone...
I think we'll do 6:15 again next week and then go ahead and move it back to 6:30 for the rest of summer!
Group ride Thursday night...6pm @ the gate...

No comments: