20 October 2013

And VdV doesn't get it...at all...

Sorry, the video cannot be embeded, but follow the link below for what borders on a 'Jackass' level of stupidity.

VdV cuts up his bike.

So dumb.  I guess there's not a charity that could ave benefited from the sale of that bike?  Like The Amy Dombroski Fund, or myriad other worthy causes, cycling related or not...

Only serves to cement the fact that I never liked VdV.  I tried, simply b/c he was American, but couldn't bring myself to do it.  Why?  He just sort of rubbed me the wrong way, like he never really enjoyed his chosen profession. 
The fact that he was one of the riders that got a slap on the wrist for a career full of doping bothered me as well.
Some riders get trotted out to the Internet Town Square, and are hung from the gallows, while others, whom we KNOW doped, got minimal suspensions (during the off-season no less), and are hailed as heroes when they retire.

Sorry guys, cutting up a bike like this isn't cool, and it isn't funny.  Especially when some good could have come out of it...

___________________________________________________________________________________


Ribs injuries suck.  Progress is being made, but damn!  We drove up to Ikea yesterday, and some woman's perfume made me sneeze.  Not good.  Felt like a white hot lance had been driven through my side.  I didn't pee myself though.  Like I said...progress.

I was planning to get up and ride with the bunch this morning, but I neglected to set my alarm.  Waking up at 8:15 for an 8:45 departure might work for you, but I can't do it.  I AM getting out the bike this morning though.  I need to get things moving...
A week off the bike is bad, on many levels, for me...

Possibly the best skinsuit ever?


Ok...there's Euro CX to be watched...
Happy Sunday...

No comments: