13 October 2014

Monday...AGAIN?

Another weekend blows by without so much as a hello...

Saturday, between 8:30am and 3:00pm was full on.
Soccer @ 9. Blew home at 10. On the bike @ 10:20. Did the full HoP loop at max effort in 57 minutes. Quick shower. Back to the fields for another soccer match @ Noon. Home @ 1:15. Lunch. Then 90 minutes of yardwork. 
A full day.
As for the ride portion, it was okay, except for nearly getting killed twice.
I'm nothing if not a bit self-deprecating, so I'll take the piss for the first incident.
The State Fair is going on, and I just wasn't thinking by riding into the teeth of the Inbred Family Reunion. I should have thought about it before leaving, but I was rushed, and just didn't.
Coming past Williams-Brice, and the first entrance to the Fairgrounds, a family in a clapped out Escalade decided to turn right in front of me. Fortunately, through years of riding in traffic, I saw it coming.
He stopped in the middle of MY lane, and waved me forward. Gee, thanks man, not like I had the fucking right of way!
Only 10 short minutes later, a woman in a VW wagon with a roof rack and a baby seat decided she had to make the turn at Liberty in The Vista before I could get across the intersection. Did I mention I was IN the intersection?
Again, I saw it coming, and locked down the brakes. I wasn't the only one who thought it was a daft maneuver, as the guy standing on the corner looked at me, shook his head, and called her a four-letter word I shall not repeat here.
Thankfully, the rest of the ride was uneventful...
Sunday was a pretty good ride. The group was thin, as folks are evidently afraid of mist.
We rolled out, did the "normal" Swansea loop, and headed back in.
On the way in, we got buzzed and harassed by two dipshits in a pickup truck. Must have been on the way to The Fair.
I got this...
SC Tag # : CZC833
Yeah...it's being sent thru the proper channels in the Lexington County Solicitor's Office as I type this...
Other than that 3 minutes of utter retardation, it was a damn fine ride. 90km fell pretty quickly. It was nice to get back a little earlier than usual too...not that I had anything to do...

Some good Euro action yesterday too :





And the Tour of Beijing is going on too...

I think those are the pros. Hard to tell...

Time to get my Monday going...



No comments: