22 October 2014

Le Tour 2015

So the Tour route for next year was announced this morning.
Tourmalet. Alpe d'Huez on the next to last day. Mur de Huy. And cobbles again...
Stage 4 is the longest at 221km, including 7 sections of cobbles, with 6 of them coming in the last 45km.
Froome has already balked. Took about 17 seconds.

And I keep hearing a high-pitched whine. It may be a frequency variance, or it may be Tejay.

Here's an idea for the contenders...
This Winter/Spring, go to the very places the Tour will visit come July. Hell, they gave you a MAP!
Ride the cobbles. A Lot.
Go here :
Not here:
Yes...Mallorca DOES have it's particular advantages...
...but these do not serve to help one win Le Tour.

Fun Night Ride last night. I won't say "Urban" this time, as it wasn't.
A trip out 12th to the PowerStation was the call. The group all rolled as a unit until the trip back in. I was called on to lead, as I know the proper lines to prevent riding into big holes (Charlie), or straight into a mud pit.
And it was a good thing this knowledge somehow remains in my concussion-addled, little, squirrel brain.
About halfway down the road, I felt what I thought was a bead of sweat roll into my eye. I blinked hard a few times, only to blink out the contact lens that had been correcting the vision in my right eye.
Know what makes a ride in the dark fun? Compromised depth perception. I surrendered the lead once on the paved trail. The one-eyed man was not King...
And then about half of the group got separated/lost/whatever. We sat and waited for a while, then it became time to push on. I had to get home...
A quick trip up the hill into Shandon, and that was that...

Time to get the day started...Publix and the shop await...












No comments: