15 May 2011

Stage 8 (or...at least Contadouche didn't win!)



Had a nice CX ride yesterday. Did the old Heathwood dirt loop and planned for 90 minutes. As anyone who lives in Columbia knows, Norfolk Southern sometimes changes your plans for you. There was a train blocking Rosewood, Assembly, Whaley AND whatever the street is that runs into the Greek village/country club. Ergo, instead of just turning to go home, I was forced to ride through Olympia, up through campus and Shandon, then home. What's an extra 30 minutes between friends. It was a 'no plan' sort of day, so I really didn't care about the extra time. I did see about 20 things that I wanted to take pictures of, but as it usually works, I left the damn camera on the table!

Once home, I had to get ready for the onslaught of a gaggle of 4 year olds for #2's birthday party. Mayhem...

This morning, the alarm went of at 0600 for the group ride. My body, however, stated that it was just fine under the covers. My eyes finally opened at 0830. Almost 10 hours of sleep does wonders...
Gonna go ride the CX again shortly...

Enjoy your sunny Sunday!

No comments: