27 May 2011

19...and I'm perplexed by it!



So, it's easy to see that Clenbutador is the pipe-swinger in the Giro, and it's also easy to see that he's likely still on the AvGas. Today, however, I am perplexed and conflicted. He could of easily gone by Tiralongo with such speed that the turbulence would have blown poor Paolo over the barriers. Instead, Bertie came around him, told him to catch the wheel, and towed him to the line...gifting Tiralongo the win. Loyalty to an old teammate, and a very selfless act from El Pistolero? Almost the act of a patron...
I know, I know, one act of class doesn't undo the accumulated douchebaggery, but Bertie showed me that he's making an effort. Sometimes, that's enough for a day...


I did NOT ride today. Just had other crap to do, which included going to the Pick and Pull Junkyard on a search for a receiver hitch for the truck. $150-250 for a new one from various places is quite ridiculous, especially when one considers the meatball nature of a Chevrolet truck. I walked the yard for exactly 5 minutes before an older model of my particular vehicle appeared in front of me. 15 minutes more passed, and the broken old truck surrendered it's booty...off it's...booty...
$29 and a grand total of one hour, including travel time was spent this morning! Hey, it's 'green' as well. Reduce, re-use, recycle...
Another $4 for a can of industrial spray paint, 30 minutes of sweat, and I'll have saved at least 80%.
More cash for bike stuff...

No comments: