04 May 2011

Hump Day

Some videos...
Some news...
Some reason...

See Floyd, all you had to do is STFU and go away, but NOOOOOO...

Contador says this Giro will be the hardest Tour he's raced. Probably because he knows he has to race it clean!

Local? Speedweek is going on. Last night was Beaufort. Tonight, Walterboro. Friday...Sparkle City. Saturday, Dilworth.


How a Vitt tub tire is made...pretty interesting. thought there'd be a bit more mystique to the whole thing though. Seemed very industrial and clinical...
Rather unlike the FMBs that are made by a few Frenchies...in a garage...



And a note to Wes concerning his newest injury...



The H.O. came home yesterday to find me lazing about on the couch, and asked if I was going to ride. I shrugged and said, " I guess..."
This was the level of motivation I had for the TNWC last night. It would reason that my level of motivation, and the speed of the TNWC, would be diametrically opposed. Last night was just fast. Not that I really know, considering half the group got gapped in turn 4 of the first lap. I chased at 55kmh and closed the gap, thus burning the single nub-of-a-match I carried to the course. From that point, I just gave up and rode a light tempo for the remainder of the time. The chaff got separated from the wheat throughout the race, leaving a dozen or so to battle it out in a largely single-file deathmarch.
Der Kaiser and JayC got away with 2 to go, but NFGT (NewFastGuyTed) ripped across to them and won handily.

Thursday night
6:15 @ the Circle

No comments: