27 May 2011

18




Good ride last night. It was one of those rides that gets better as the evening progresses. I didn't feel all together chipper when I left the house, but seemed to improve the longer we stayed out. By the time we hit Dixie for the run back in, I felt better...not great per se, but chasing Kevin up the rollers didn't seem to be very troubling.
On the flip, "fresh" is not a word I'd use to describe my legs this morning...

I should probably ride though, to a)spin my legs around, and b)this will be the last morning I can get out for a while...last day of school for the MTs today...

And the initial thoughts on the Zipp 404FC wheels are...
1) Fast. They just ROLL at speed.
2) Stiff. Stand...apply power...move forward...
3) Not the best in a crosswind. Sketchy may be too harsh, but twitchy is definitely in the ballpark.
I need to ride them a few more times before writing a proper review...

No comments: