30 July 2010

Update

So as you all know, I had a little work done on the intake pipe earlier in the week. The swelling is still present, but getting better every day. The pain has subsided, but my neck is still about an inch larger than usual.
La Gata and I did a quick easy spin yesterday and I didn't feel great. The combo of a sore/stiff neck and trying to get the anesthesia out of me did not make for a fun ride. The fresh pavement on Dixie is sublime though...
This morning, we met for a longer, somewhat more quickly paced ride out into the swamp. I set the speedo @ 35-40kmh and pulled all the way to Westinghouse. Even three days after my 'procedure', I could feel that it was easier to take a full breath. La Gata climbs like a Spaniard, but on the flats, she no gots the power! Once into the swamp, we rolled @ 30-32kmh. 2:15 and 40 miles later, we were home. Good ride!

Now some random shite...

Best futbol goal celebration EVER...


My blue bag from PBK came today. It's like Christmas...

The H.O. also gave me the green light to pull down on some new bits for the Ridley. I'm thinking that D/A is just too much jack, and to be honest, is it necessary? I'm thinking Ultegra 6700 shifters and F/D, pared with a D/A rear. The weight difference is @100g, and let's face it, 100g isn't going to change my performance, or lack thereof. I even toyed with the idea of going SRAM, but figured I'd never hear the end of it, since I poo-poo it at almost every turn.

And with the help of Billy, La Gata is about to be the proud parent of Zip...a JRT/Chihuahua mix. Should be interesting...

No ride tomorrow, as it's #1's 5th b-day party. Nothing says fun like a bunch a yapping 5 year olds in the backyard. Did I mention it's pirate themed? Can't wait...

As an aside, if ANYONE reading this doesn't have the testicular fortitude to say something TO me, don't say something ABOUT me...capice?

Peace...

No comments: