01 August 2010

A little bit of everything...

No ride for the kid yesterday, as it was #1's 5th birthday. I REALLY needed some sort of narcotic yesterday, legal or otherwise. A half dozen rugrats descended on our humble abode, and squealed for the better part of two hours. I haven't had an alcoholic beverage for the better part of ten years, but I was tested yesterday!
My afternoon was spent sleeping off my headache...

This morning, I went out to my double secret spot to get some Vitamin D. I ended up with a lot of Vitamin M. The rain over the last few days made it a bit damp back in the spot. I've learned that I really like riding in the slop. I also learned that Kenda Small Block 8 tires are NOT the best choice for slippy, red-clay mud. I eyeballed my line, turned to hit it and the mud just forced me where it wanted me to go. Pedal, pedal, pedal and I was out. I repeated this scenario 4 times in the course of 400 meters.
The ride was big fun though, and as the title suggests, it had a little bit of everything:
Mud- As I mentioned...
Blood- Some sort of vine jumped out and grabbed my arm and made me bleed my own blood.
Wild animals- A couple of little snakes and some BIG, fresh, bobcat prints in the mud.
Flat rear tire- I need more than 50 pounds of air in a rear 32c tire when bombing the railroad yard.
RentaCops- Some railroad jackass in a minivan hassled me while I was mid flat change. GFY man!

And here's a tip for the couple that almost got run over when they rode through the light @ S. Assembly and Rosewood. STOP AT THE FUCKING RED LIGHT!!! The woman, who was on a Roubaix, didn't even look as she crossed and caused some guy in a Saturn to lock it down to keep from killing her. She was giggling as they passed me. I'm a cyclist, through and through, but if the car would have popped her dumb ass, I would have been on the cager's side.
And we wonder why we get honked at...
Both were obviously newbs, judging by their attire (straight out of Performance) and positions on the bike, but it's no excuse for riding like a Dervin!

No comments: