08 July 2010

Oh boo-hoo...

Cav got straight BLOWN out of the water yesterday in the sprint. Petacchi seems to have found his jets again, and seeing how we are in the same age demographic, it warms my little heart!



The best part, Cav had himself a little temper tantrum in the bus after the stage. He was so pissy that his helmet came bouncing down the steps and out of the bus...EPIC! Just remember Cav, you may think you are somebody, but Petacchi IS somebody!

Enough Tour talk, you guys are watching it!

I did a HoP loop on the cross bike yesterday that included 5 solid dirt sections in 90 minutes. I chose to go hard on the dirt parts until the 4th section. I was out in the corn fields near Heathwood Hall (say it with a clenched jaw), bombing away on the double track, when I spied what seemed to be a large tree branch on the trail. Upon closer inspection and introspection, I soon realized that it was not a branch, but a giant fucking rattlesnake. I came to an abrupt stop, to say the least. The snake's length was greater than the width of the trail, so I discreetly turned around and rode away...quickly! I'm working on the general assumption that he/she is eating well out there!

Off the bike today, as it's 917 degrees outside and I really don't like heatstroke, per se....

Looping the Fort tomorrow morning...

Peace!

No comments: