06 July 2010

Some stuff

Jesu Cristo! The Tour was fucking carnage today...and it was great. Let the pro dogs whinge all they want, the fans appreciate the effort that the organizers put forth this year to make it a good show. It seems like they are actually watching the Giro and making an effort to keep up with the Italians.
And my old buddy Robert K. said something today that bothered me at first, but then I came around to his way of thinking pretty quickly. He called out Voigt for bitching about the cobbled stage today. Like I said, at first I took umbrage, but his explanation was an almost Perry Mason-like moment in my little brain. Everyone thinks he's a true hardman, but he never does the RVV or Roubaix...hasn't since his days at Credit Agricole. Sure, he's a badass, but whinging about a few sections of cobbles almost eliminates him from consideration for the "Black Card".

Anyway, I was as excited as a puppy with two peters during the last hour of the stage today. I'm sorry that people crashed, got hurt and/or lost time, but it's the TOUR de France, not the TT and climbs de France. Guys these days are too specialized. Merckx did everything and did it all better than these poofs!

Oh, and here's how you go up a climb...

Pikes Peak 2010 - Jeff Zwart In Car from Will Roegge on Vimeo.

No comments: