27 July 2010

If...

If all of the fixed gears girls rolling around looked like this...
...then I might change my opinion.
I will, however, say that if I see one of these...
...bastardized will shorty flat bars and Oury grips, I will liberate it will all due prejudice!

Haven't ridden since Sunday as I've been poked and prodded for the last two days, in an effort to figure out what the hell is wrong with me. I had an ultrasound this morning and an EGD this afternoon. Fortunately, the ultrasound was clear, but the EGD found that my years of battling reflux/GERD have lead me to be stricken with esophageal stricture. My Doc then proceeded to use a balloon stent to enlarge my throat by anywhere from 15mm to 17mm. Doesn't sound like much, but it feels like they went after my neck with an auger. Between this procedure and upping my dose of AciPhex, the hope is that the issue will be better controlled.
I go to the cardiologist next week for a stress test to rule out any additional thoracic issues. Better safe than sorry, especially at 40 years old.

Back on the bike Thursday morning...

2 comments:

Velocodger said...

Thanks for the pics, and get well soon!

MM said...

Thanks man! My throat and neck are hammered today...