12 July 2010

Strategery...

Lance and Johan discuss tactics after Stg. 8


Poor Levi...he's the bald-headed step-child around the cycling World these days. Probably needs his Road ID so the other guys in the bus know who the hell he is...

Asked whether the team would now ride for Leipheimer, who is up to eighth overall, 2:14 down on Evans, Horner said, “I don’t think we ride for seventh or eighth. Do we look after him? Sure, absolutely, we always have. But do we put guys in the front for eighth place on GC? I don’t think so. We’ll just have to make a plan B or a plan Z.”

Damn...Levi should change his last name to 'Dangerfield'!!!

I'm sure everyone has seen the video of LA skipping across a French roundabout like a stone across Old Man Johnson's pond. I can tell you with a large degree of certainty...that shit hurt! People give LA a large ration of crap for myriad things, yet those same people would have packed their shit into the team car and gone to the hotel after sliding across the tarmac @ close to 60kmh. It's easy to call LA (and others) names and say stupid stuff about how he's damaged cycling, but you cannot deny that him getting back on the bike and finishing the stage took serious ball! (see what I did there?)

As for my sickly self, I'm waiting for contact from the GI Doc for my EGD test. That's the one where they force the garden-hose-sized camera down your neck and poke around your innards for 30 minutes. I'm SO looking forward to this procedure!! Murmurs are pointing to a gallbladder problem...super...

Gonna spin around tomorrow morning. I guess I'll just be doing maintenance rides for a while.

Peace...

No comments: