20 July 2010

Another reason to dislike a French rider...

...and like one of the underdogs who races like it's 1975!

And LA is off the front right now. I think Phil and Paul are naked and soaped up in the commentary booth right now....

So, so, humpable...

What losing the Tour looks like...

More Stelvio...

Floyd tempting fate...doesn't he know that Nike is HQ'd in Portland? Look for guys from Blackwater with a lot of 'Swoosh' logos on them. They said they couldn't find $ for the composite team. Did they approach Massengill? I bet Papp would have flown out to join his new hero. Of course, he probably can't leave Pennsylvania...

4 comments:

Velocodger said...

Are the French the new n*****? Why is it so important that he's French? He's just a jerk. And by the way, his name is Gadret.

MM said...

I never mentioned his name...well, because it's in the post by Roche.
And the post is about 50% joke, as the French seem to catch hell for everything from soft cheese to surrendering during wars. The other 50% was a bit serious as the French tend to whinge about pretty much everything cycling related. Doping allegations? Usually the French starting them, or re-hashing things from years before.
Please make a stop in Paris next time you're in France and ask someone on the street what they think of Americans. They won't expound on the virtues of the good old US of A.

Velocodger said...

I remember being in a bar in France when Lance won a stage and EVERYONE cheered. In my opinion the French are less bigoted against the Americans than the reverse. And I spend a lot of time in France. I don't like bigot jokes of any stripe. Pardon me for my overreaction, but after hearing Bob Roll's insults I may be becoming a little thin-skinned about anti-French bigotry.

Junk said...

There is something inherently wrong with a country that does not have a single Taco Bell. Long live the gordita.