18 July 2010

Summertime...

...and the living's easy...
Summertime is nothing, if not cyclical. Days blend into one another. The heat is always present (yeah, what a shocker! In Columbia!), and I've ridden my road bike 2x in as many weeks. That's not to say I haven't been making an effort to ride, health issues aside. It's just that most of my saddle time has been on the Salsa...in the dirt.
Considering the fact that I used to have a strong dislike of riding alone, solo time on the cross bike is rather lovely. The group rides have all but died an unceremonius death for myriad reasons, most of them weak at best, ergo, the earbud goes in and my front wheel points towards the dirt.
My only two road rides have been with Kat and been perfect. 19-20mph for a couple of hours. Pleasant conversation and nice weather. Can't ask for much more...
Riding the cross bike on the dirt does, in fact, makes the road bike seem rather efficient though!

Some observations...
-Why has LeMond been subpoenaed to testify in front of the Grand Jury? He's been out of the game so long that even HE believes that HE didn't dope! Hey Greg, F off! Nobody gives a good golly gee what you think anymore!
-The French are really animating the Tour this year. Is it proof that there's less doping?
-I've always been a Lance homer, but I think his own ego and hubris are clouding his vision. It's time to go my friend. Go race Kona and Leadville. Be an ambassador!
-I still want to punch Levi! 3rd step on the podium...not bloody likely...
-Why is Liz Hatch in the RoadID commercial? Can't be results...maybe it's because she crashes so much and her RoadID is used so often.
-I can't root for Contador. Just cannot...
-Renshaw sent home for being AWESOME! Dean hooks Renshaw, Renshaw fights back...okay. The hook on Farrar was a bit out of line, but done perfectly.

Okay, time to go to the ManHole(tm) and tear down the BB of the cross bike. Sounds like there's a seagull stuck in the shell...

No comments: