23 March 2010

TNCWC #2 (GW strong like bull!)

So the second TNCWC went of tonight with a bit larger group than last week, but still smaller than usual, and smaller than it SHOULD be, but I digress...

The first few laps were the normal ebb and flow, then THE break of 4 went away. They stayed out, as the main bunch just wasn't very cohesive. The power to bring it back was there, but no one really put in a lot of effort. I sure as hell didn't...! At one point, it was with 10 seconds, but that was as close as it got to coming back.
RW attacked on the last lap, but GW brought him back and countered. He ended up winning alone.
Like the title, and Uncle Tanoose said, he's 'strong like bull'! Probably just the work the ceramics and his mechanic... ;)

I felt okay tonight, much to my surprise. The legs felt good, the lungs were fine and the HR was under control. @ 25 minutes, I came out of T4, shifted and went to the drops to make effort to stay hooked onto the group and felt a twinge in my low back. Apologies for sitting up to those behind me, but I'm not dicking up the work I've done to make my aching back better at the TNCWC. Sorry, but that's the hard truth....
And I REALLY need to find a new saddle. The Flite Ti is a bad shape for me and just kills my special no-no place. I can't get comfortable on the thing, so it's going bye-bye. Fizik test saddles, here I come...or if I can find a pre-07 Flite Ti gel, I'll go back that.

Errands in the morning...life doesn't stop...

Peace!

1 comment:

spokejunky said...

Old school Selle San Marco Regal Ti. I'm loving mine.