07 March 2010

After much consideration...

...I'm thinking that I may need to go see a back surgeon. I've done everything that one can do to end my back pain, but nothing seems to work. It's affecting more than my riding, which in and of itself, is a bit maddening. There isn't a day that passes that I do not have low back and leg pain. The leg pain is a by-product of the back injury as I'm forced to use my legs to muscle through things that the back would normally handle.
I can ride and still hold a high pace if necessary, but the resulting pain has become such that it's just not as much fun as it should be.
I'll still be out on rides, and around, but if the Doctors say they're going to have to cut me...well, then I'll get cut.

That being said, I rode 3 hours on Saturday and 2 hours this morning, which made for four days on after 12 days off.

The Blythewood RR is next weekend. The TNCWC starts back up on the 16th...pass it on. I'll be out at the course at some point this week to clean the corners and paint some lines on the road.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sorry to hear it, but get in touch if you want the name of my back surgeon. He's at Emory. He's a genius, gave me my life back.

MM said...

Will do...
I'm not averse to driving to see an expert!

Hip1 said...

what time for TNCWC?

MM said...

630 for the start. If it gets too dark at the end, we'll move the time.
The first one may be a bit shorter...
See you out there.