28 March 2010

Gent-Wevelgem 2010



Good three days of riding for me...all three included tailwinds on the return trip. NICE!
Friday was my airport loop. Just spun until I turned for home and had the wind with me. Good hard tempo that included 5x2 intervals. It was almost like motorpacing...

Saturday, we headed out and the group split up. Some went on, some didn't...
Il Prof and I got separated from TVH and Mrs. FK, and turned when we shouldn't have. We ASSumed that they went one way, so we went around to backtrack and meet them. Well, our ASSumption was incorrect. Upon turning around, Il Prof overshifted, threw his chain, got a heaping helping of chain suck and sheared the rear derailleur off his Colnago in a less than surgical fashion. The front derailleur was also twisted outside of it's operational parameters. He called for pickup, and once I was sure he was okay, I took off.
I ASSumed that the other two members went the way that I would have, so I put my head down and rode tempo to chase them down. Well, I rode solo for the last 60 minutes at less than a comfortable pace...never saw a soul! But I had the tailwind...!!!!

Sunday, 4 of us rolled out in windy and damp weather. I chose the Salsa with skinnies as my weapon of choice. I'd forgotten how much I like that bike on the road. We fought the headwind out to the flats, made the turn for home and rode with a tailwind for the next hour.

Days like the last three are what I need right now! Off day tomorrow and an appointment with Renick for some more crack and stretch...

See you guys Tuesday! Peace...

1 comment:

LL said...

ended up in Hopkins after you guys went through. The wind was HOWLING!