04 July 2008

WTF man?

So my back is feeling good, I finally have a bit of form and can ride with some anger. I got the bike together, working like the fine tuned piece of high-dollar machinery that it is, and I was feeling good about going to NC and having a good ride.
I got out of bed to use the bathroom the other night and steeped on a small piece of jagged gravel that must have gotten dragged in the house. I felt it immediately, it hurt! I didn't think anything of it. Come Tuesday, the resulting blood bruise is inflammed and sore as hell. I still didn't think much of it until the red streaks started appearing on the TOP of my foot. Yes, folks, the beginnings of a lymph system issue. I went to my Doctor who informed me that the blood bruise was now an abscess and needed to be drained and I had to go on anti-biotics to fight any possible infection. Fucking perfect!!!!!!! No 4th ride for the kid!!!
Anyway, he jabbed my foot with a needle waaaaay too big for the job and blood just poured out!
I limped out with what amounted to a club foot and a prescription for Keflex. Oh, and I got a hu-mangous tetanus shot!! Flash forward to today...
I'm limping, the foot is sore-ore-ore-ore and I'm on 2000mg of Keflex a day. No, that's not a typo...2000 milligrams. 4 horse pills a day...and no big straw to blow them down my throat.
The meds make me hot, itchy, give me body aches and a headache. My arm feels like a got hit with a cricket bat from the tetanus.
I honestly am starting to think that the 4th of July ride has bad mojo for me. I've never gone up there and had an uneventful ride. Something either breaks on the ride or I get sick or injured in the days before.

2004-broken spoke on the decent of the Watershed...at 40mph...
2005-broken Ridley Excalibur frame on the climb of the Watershed
2006-injured back 3 weeks before...unable to ride...or sit on toilet...
2007-bitten by wolf spider 1 week before the ride...rode anyway...felt like shit and had a terrible ride...on 'roids and antibiotics...
2008-jacked up foot 1 week before...

Maybe the Madonna del Ghisallo is trying to tell me something about this ride...

Who knows when I'll be back on the bike...

No comments: