23 July 2008

Short effort

The TNCWC went off last night with a little bit larger group. I woke up yesterday feeling pretty stiff and out of sorts, but went out anyway. I'd planned on bailing as the heat index was supposed to be 105+. The highest temp I saw yesterday was 94, so I formulated a plan.
I just wanted to warm-up to get rid of some stiffness and then ride hard for 15 minutes to open things up. And that's just what I did! I chased across to the first break and got into it for a couple of laps. After that, I chased two gaps. Just after chasing the second gap, the alarm on my watch sounded and I sat up. I felt really good and could have stayed in without problem, but I'm sticking to my plan for right now. Most of the horsepower has been absent from the Crit lately too. I guess everyone has the mid-summer laissez-faire attitude. It was quicker last night, but nowhere near the normal pace or the pace of the last few Thursday rides.
It was really hot, but not brutal.
'Cisco won last night, which was a show for his father, who's in town from Colombia.

The queen stage is today...Alpe d'Huez...gotta go watch...

No comments: