18 July 2008

Felt bad...rode well...?

Man, a brother felt like complete ass-crack all day yesterday. The heavy load of antibiotics is catching up with me. I'm really tired, I ache all over and I've been short of breath for 4 days. All side effects of the Bactrim I was taking for the last week. I called the Doc and he said it would be at it's max load in my bloodstream 3-5 days AFTER I stopped taking it.
I left the house and felt like shit and was convinced that I was likely to get shelled before leaving the Fort. The pace out was quick, but not brutal.
Guns started firing on the run down Ridge and RW flatted just before the end of the road. Doogie and I rolled down Horrell Hill, waiting for stragglers. I guess everyone stopped because we were almost to Bunky's when the group got back together. From that point, to the end of Airbase, it was pretty f'ing hard. I missed a couple of turns but probably should have just pulled through. Tail-gunning when everyone is attacking each other is just hard. Gaps opened quickly and I worked my bookie-hole off to close them up. The legs felt good, but my HR and breathing were funky at best. It was like I couldn't exhale properly. I could get a full lung of air, but just couldn't get rid of it. Weird...
From the end of Airbase to the end of the ride, we all stayed together and Mandrus took out both sprints...uncontested...the streak continues.

Cavendish wins the last two stages of the Tour with ease. He's just plain faster than everyone else in the last 150m.
And I've changed my opinion of Cadel. I wanted him to win, but now I hope he cracks like a walnut. He's a pissy little bitch. First he cries on the podium when he got his yellow jersey and now he's slapping reporters for trying to touch him. Ass...

No comments: