13 July 2008

A new and better day



Ricco wins Stage 9...the first day in the high mountains!
Kirchen still in yellow

Doogie, Rob, Casey and I met bright and early this morning for a foray into Calhoun County. I felt tired when I woke up, but much better than yesterday. I guess drinking (literally) gallons of fluid and eating everything in the house can, in fact, turn you around. I feel better now, after 3:30 and 100km in the saddle.
We ride a pretty even tempo...faster than the usual loops out in the country. I guess the absense of Il Prof and TVH made the pace higher.
Now for the scorecard...
I am proudly wearing the Calhoun County green jersey today. Of the 4 sprint points, I took out 3 with little trouble. Regardless of what excuse(s) Miss Gale might come up with, I showed clean wheels in all of my wins. The one I didn't win, I didn't contest, as it's at the top of an ugly climb and we all know about my stellar ability on the high cols. :)-

Anywho, it was a good ride, with good company and I don't feel like whipped shit anymore.
Good luck to Miss Gale, as she is leaving for the Olympic Training Center tomorrow. Kick ass, take names and chew bubble gum...

ANother high mountain day tomorrow too...I'm all atwitter...

No comments: