20 July 2008

Weekend rides

Saturday morning, the group was pretty good sized and had some HP. We did a modified Crusty Loop through Lower Richland. I made the mistake, again, of following Crusty through a corner. He went in way too hot and locked up his rear wheel, which isn't an issue unless you're on the outside. Did I mention I was on the outside? I went straight, down through the ditch, up the other side and almost into the church parking lot. The only other time I've hit the tarmac in the past 5 years was following Crusty through a corner at high speed.
Note to self: No going thru a corner 2nd wheel behind Crusty anymore...
We ended on Airbase and had a good, high-tempo paceline that was punctuated by a few attacks.
The ride was shorter than usual, but that was fine with me!
This morning, we met to do an easy spin. Ben Jones was in town, so he and Peter Discoe came out. It was a good ride. Nothing terribly difficult, but I could definitely feel Thursday and Saturday in my legs. It was one of those rides that felt longer than it really should have.

The H.O. is leaving town for a meeting this afternoon, so I'm in charge...frightening!

Speaking of frightening...

No comments: