31 July 2007

Thin Tuesday

The TNCWC was thin tonight. Only about 20 showed up, and that got whittled down to 15 or so by the 2nd lap. None of the absolute, my pecker is bigger than yours, hammers were in attendance, thankfully. On the other hand, the fact that there were only 12 to 15 there meant that hiding places were few and far between. Il Professore commented that it was funny how 50 show up went there's lightning in the sky, but we get less than 20 on a calm, 90 degree evening. There are races at the end of the week, through the weekend, so I guess some folks stayed home.
Little breaks went of all night, but were pulled back by the bunch. I worked and pulled for the first 30 minutes and decided that was enough and decided to surf until the end. It's funny how some people tail-gun in the beginning of the race and then decide to get really vocal at the end, when things aren't going their way. If you have enough breath to yell and bitch, go to the front and pull harder!!!! I came close to jumping in the person's ass, but discretion got the better of me. Parenthood must be making me more patient... ;)
I pulled out with 2 to go and watched the finish. Derek blew everyone out of the water in the sprint with a 1400 watt effort. Of course, he did get to sit out a few laps when he flatted. I was behind him when it happened, which isn't a big deal on a straight, but his tire let go in the middle of turn four. No getting around that one until the road straightened out and a gap had formed. I chased it at 30+ and saw my max of 1150w for the night.

Overall, I'm feeling better on the bike, but just don't have to high, sustained intensity back yet. It's lurking under the surface, like the VC. It'll poke it's head out of the hole one of these days.
I'll be fit again right when time changes...of course...

See you guys on Thursday...OUT!

No comments: