29 July 2007

Good weekend

There were 6 of us for the Saturday ride. A few folks went to Charlotte for the 24 Hours of Booty and a few more are way out West, in Big Sky Country.
We went out through the Fort and did a modified Eastover loop. Instead of taking Old Leesburg, we did Ridge to HH and then right on Blue Johnson and up the back side of Elon, then meandered around into Eastover. Of course, we came back the normal route, but got rained on for the last hour or so. Not a driving rain, but just enough to get you wet and make your bike dirty.
I was having some issues with my rear tire yesterday. I hit something in the Fort and flatted. The cut was about 5-6mm, so I booted it with a PowerGel wrapper and we rode on. Everything was fine until we turned to do the second part of Double Homey. I must have hit a bump a bit too firmly, which is entirely possible with my fat ass on the seat! The 2nd tube blew straight through the wrapper. The second boot was a glueless patch, courtesy of Mandrus, and another piece of PG wrapper. It got me home.
Overall, it was a touch over 3 hours of ride time and right at 60 miles. We rode pretty steady the whole way with a few good efforts here and there.

I did the old "Hour of Power" loop this morning. I had some stiff legs and was pretty tired, so 60 minutes @ 90-100 rpm felt good. And I wanted to watch the end of the Tour...

All in all, a good weekend of riding. I plan on going to the crit Tuesday. It should be interesting.

No comments: