10 July 2007

Anybody seen a lung?

I rode for the first time in a week and nearly got rained on. I rolled out to the crit course and spun around for about 45 minutes. The sky began to darken and the conversation shifted to whether or not they would be able to finish the crit. I didn't plan on even starting, so I felt zero shame in turning for home when I felt the first drop of rain.

I rode as hard as my spider-poisioned, prescription-drug-addled body would allow. The issue isn't legs...I didn't even feel the slightest amount of lactic acid. The antibiotics and the prednisone have killed any cardio function that I may have to call on. I got home about 5 minutes before the rain started. It only rained for about 15 minutes, but I didn't get wet and my bike is still clean.

I guess I need to wait until the drugs get out of my system to really attempt rding with any anger. I'm just really itchy and becoming hard to get along with (well, harder...) from the lack of bike time.

I can't even play with the new toy. I bought a PowerTap SL on Ebay and of course, it has a problem. The CPU (computer head) wasn't reading speed. I called PT and talked to them about it. They suggested that I try another head on the cradle before I packed up the whole shooting match and sent it back. Big thanks to RW, who helped me out big. We popped his PT head on the bike and it worked fine. I called PT again and they sent me out a new computer head, before I even sent back the old one. That's customer service people!

The person I bought the PT from is a domestic pro who races for BMC. He assured me that it worked when he sent it and even questioned my ability to set it up properly! I think I'll go up to the race in Charlotte this year and see if he wants to be a wise-ass in person...! I'm betting he doesn't...



Oh, here's a picture of my spider bite...! This was taken yesterday. It actually looks better today. You know something is ugly when a friend, who is a medical professional, sees it and says, "DAMN!..."

No comments: