13 July 2007

Feeling a bit better

Last night started as any other, if you don't take into account the fact that I forgot my I.D. and had to chase around the Fort to meet the group at Wildcat. I can tell you, Garners Ferry and Leesburg roads are frightening at 6 in the evening. I was glad my life insurance was paid up.
I rode out to the gate and met the group, all the while not knowing quite how I'd feel.
Fortunately, the body is reacting almost as it should. I feel better now than I did on the 4th ride.

The group came along and we headed out the normal route. Since I have no illusions of being at the sharp end right now, I sat in the back, sucking wheel all the way to Elon and beyond. Once we turned onto Airbase, Der Kaiser put the hammer down. I decided I wan't going to bury myself, so I sat up and rode with TVH, Philip, Il Professore and Joel. It was a nice pace that didn't put me in the red, but still allowed for work to be done. Il Professore was killing me last night. He must have had his Geritol, because he was in rare form. He must have yelled at Joel a half dozen times. Laughing doesn't help lungs that are already working way harder than they should.
We caught Mrs. Der Kaiser about 1/2 way down Airbase. She said the lead bunch was having a 30 mph swordfight. More power to 'em. I just don't have that right now. We all gathered up at the store and rode in together.

I think everyone is either taking it easy, or just tired from killing it all summer. Either way, it was nice to ride a hard tempo, but not have to turn myself inside out. As 'Cisco reminded me, I haven't really trained for the better part of two months. That changes this weekend. Time to get back on the horse...

Hopefully, my PT computer head will show up today so I can ride the thing this weekend. It'll show...and then it will rain both days...

The legs is healing and doesn't hurt at all. The new skin itches like the devil though.

8 a.m. Saturday @ the gate...

Oh, I forgot...
Doogie took out the sprint on Ridge. It was completely uncontested and looked like someone hit the slo-mo button, but he won it. There, are you happy...

PS-I've enabled anonymous comments, which means you don't need to be registered to leave a note. So do it...

No comments: