01 July 2007

8 a.m. is early

It's not so much the riding at 8, it's the getting up at 6 to get ready. As some of you may, or may not, know, I have horrible OCD. I have to do the same routine every morning or my day is just shot to hell. This doesn't bode well for Wednesday, as then plan is to leave between 5 and 5:15, which means I'll be rolling out @ 4:15. That shit is too early...

Anyway, we went off @ 8 this morning. The Sunday 8 a.m. ride is turning out to be a good one. We had a good group this morning and ended up with 55 miles. We did the loop through Eastover and back in the normal way. I didn't feel good when we left and felt progressively worse at the ride got longer. The tailwaind on Pineview did little to make me feel better. A couple of hard pulls at 28-30 absolutely crushed me.

I got home, at a small lunch (very sick to my stomach) and crawled into the sack. I really wanted to watch the F1 race, but the body said it was time to sleep. I fell asleep at 12:30 and woke at 4, for no other reason than I had to use the bathroom. I laid back down until 6! I still feel like a steaming pile of poo. Two days of rest should set me right for Wednesday. If not, I'll ride slow...yeah right!

I've decided I'm going to order a junior geared cassette. A 13/25...! I really never get in the 12, not even to sprint, and the 13/25 gives back the much beloved 18 tooth cog. Sometimes, the jump from the 19 down to the 17 is just too much. I've been riding a 12/23 lately and find myself in the 18 a lot. I thought of riding the 12/23 in NC, but better judgement kicked me soundly in the ass and the 25 went on the light wheels. I'm going to CC tomorrow to pick up a 13/25 though. I'll drive to Hawley's to get it if I have to...

The H.O. still isn't home from the grandparents...nothing like keeping the 2 year old out past his bedtime. He'll be a barrel of fun tomorrow. #2 has the same schedule everyday. Eat...sleep...poop...lather, rinse, repeat...

No comments: