14 July 2007

Saturday...a day of mixed outcomes

The 8 a.m. group met this morning and we actually had a decent sized group. The dozen of us rolled out through the Fort and much to my surprise (not really) my GD PowerTap didn't work. It just sat on the stem... looking at me... mocking me, and generally just pissing me off.
Today would have been the PERFECT baseline ride, as we did the big Eastover loop with some good tempo/paceline work. As Steve Martin would say, "But noooooo..."! I traced the problem to the harness. I switched evertything around and it works as it should...(knocks wood). I guess I need to buy another harness for the Ibis.

The ride was really steady and, I'm guessing here, pretty quick. We did the 95km loop in just under three hours. It was a really good group and fun was had by all. Peter Discoe is back in the fold and it was good to actually ride next to him and chat. He got himself a new Raleigh team frame with SRAM Force stuff on it. It's pretty sexy...! I'd rock it.

I'm feeling better by the day. I think the sweating and physical exertion is pushing the drugs and the bad juju out of my body. I'm feeling about 80% right now. We're going on vacation in a bit over three weeks, so I'll have plenty of time to ride and recover. Last year, I was flying when we got back from the beach. Something about riding for a couple hours every day and then just lazing about on the beach always recharges my batteries.

It's raining right now...I'm feeling a nap coming on...

Sunday ride- 8 a.m. @ Outspokin'...

No comments: