13 May 2007

Yet another good ride...

We had another really good ride on Saturday, even though I felt like complete crap, but I'll get to that later.
The group was small for the 9 o'clock ride, as a lot of people had other things going on. We had a good group though, which led to another steady ride. Thankfully, certain folks have decided to stay home, which is fine, as I really don't enjoy spending the entirety of a 3 hour ride worrying about being taken out.
We went out through the Fort and progressed through Lower Richland into Eastover, down to the G-Mart and back in on Cabin Creek. RW was doing some wattage work, so he would take huge pulls, which was fine with me. I took the town limit sign into Eastover and the bridge on Shop, which I shouldn't have tried. I may have won the sprint, but it made me feel about 3x worse than I did before. Francisco made me work for it too. It wouldn't have been much trouble on a normal day, but on a day that I felt really bad, it was too much. I think it was the heat that exacerbated the situation too. It was the first day I've really ridden in anything over 80 degrees and my body just wasn't ready for it. I've felt worse after rides, but not much...! Still a good day out though...

I got home, showered and went to Lourie's to get a new suit. I know, the thought of me in a suit is comical and begs the question, "When's the court date?", but I haven't bought a new suit in many moons, so I figured it was time. The whole ordeal was quick and painless. I highly recommend the fine folks at Lourie's.

Once I returned to house, I took a well earned nap. The H.O. and I went to Miyo's for Mother's Day dinner. It was quite good.

And no, I didn't even bother to wake up for the ride today. I need the rest more than the miles.
Here are some funny cartoons...

No comments: