03 May 2007

It was a full afternoon and evening...

My day was going along swimmingly until about 4 o'clock. It seems #2's breathing was becoming more and more labored as the day progressed, so the H.O., being her overprotective, mother bear self, decided to call the Doc. We got it about 5 and it seems that the poor little fella had big giant boogers blocking his nasal passages. We got home at 5:45 and I extracted the aforementioned schnot.
I figured I could eiher A)chase onto the group, or B)cut the route and meet them out in the country. I flew out of the house and time-trialed to the Fort. I got there at 6:08 and the group was waiting, thankfully. We rolled out right as I got there.
The group was HUGE tonight and was one of pretty similar skill and ability, except for one person. ThePeanut was out and should have really stayed home. I knew we were in trouble when he couldn't get into his pedal when we rolled out. I don't want to turn this into a bitch session, but he really doesn't need to come out for group rides anymore. He endangered the entire group tonight, on several occasions and just generally rode like a complete idiot. There is no way on this big green and blue sphere we call Earth, that he was EVER any kind of bike racer. The dumbshit can't ride in a straight line or maintain pace. He pedaled like hell to close the gaps HE opened and then hit his brakes...in the middle of the bunch. He sat up more than once...while riding 5th or 6th wheel and created a huge gap to close.
I know that I'm the jerk of the group, but tonight, I was not the only voice of dissent and disapproval. Il Professore, TVH and Mrs. Der Kaiser all said something to ThePeanut. He's just dangerous and stupid, which together are a combination that can breed disaster. Solo riding is probably the best idea for him from here on out. I don't want to play the asshole, but I will if it comes to that...

Other than the fact that my fingers were on my brakes all night, and being on ThePeanut's wheel caused great fear and consternation, it was a good, hard ride. I felt pretty good and closed a few gaps at high speed. It started to rain about 30 minutes from home, which spread even more trepidation. Fortunately, no one hit the ground and I got home to see my family. I apologize to those who thought that any of my disapproval was aimed towards them. All of my furor was meant for ThePeanut, and ThePeanut only.

See everyone on Saturday morning. I'll be going to the crit course at some point this weekend to hit it with the leaf blower. The corners are looking a bit rough. It'll be back to top shape for Tuesday (round 9).

The FIbis is back on the road and performed well tonight. I really like the way that thing rides...

No comments: