09 May 2007

#9

Crit number went off last night and had a pretty big turnout, considering the wind was blowing at a steady 20 mph, with gust at 25-30 mph, on the front stretch. The neutral lap was postively slow, but immediately after turn 1, a group of about 8 decided it was time to go and the initial break was formed. The main group chased and chased and brought it back to about 20 meters, which lead some of the break to sit up and re-integrate, while others from the group chased across. The break went away again with this new infusion of blood and was gone. It came down to a heads up, 5 man sprint. Some guy who we've never seen before ended up pipping Jay Charles at the line. It was a good sprint, spread out 5 across the road...
The wind was the biggest deciding factor tonight. Someone else would come off the back almost every lap. There were few times that the group wasn't lined out, single file.

I have come to the conclusion that trying to race on very little sleep, combined with the energy exerted from chasing a 2 year old, is a very hard thing. I rode in the front for 30 minutes before sitting up. Normally, my max HR is 185-188. Last night, I'd get to about 170 and feel like I was having a stroke. The legs are there, but the heart has gone on sabbatical. Or it might have been the two Naprox I took @ 2 o'clock...! Either way, I could feel that I'm tired...not overtrained tired, but just physically whipped.

Hopefully, Thursday will bring better times, and less wind.

The H.O.'s sister came over last night. She's getting hitched in two weeks and is STRESSING. Between the wedding, her parents, her moron fiance and her job as a Prosecutor for the State of SC, she's got a full plate. I really feel bad for her...

As an aside, if ANYONE has issue with anything I have written on this blog, feel free to leave comments. Don't be passive/aggressive and just mumble to those who will listen. If you are offended, maybe you should be...
Or, just hit the back button on your browser and don't come back to my little corner of the internet.



Or, fill out this form and turn it in to Human Resources...

No comments: