05 May 2007

Rainy cross day

Somes days, just fooling around on the bike is more fun. When it came time to leave for the 9 o'clock ride, it was drizzly. Upon consideration of the fact that I just burned an hour cleaning both road bikes, I chose to forego riding the road and ride the crosser. I didn't feel like going into Ft. Jackson, so I went down to Owens Field and blew about a 1/2 dozen laps of the cross race course. The two middle laps were at as close to race pace as I can get when riding alone. That notwithstanding, my HR was above 170 on both laps, so I did do about 10-12 minutes of good LT training.
I rode through the acreage that used to be the projects and up the big, ugly climb into USC. The climb isn't bad on the road bike, but sucks on 40c tires w/50 pounds of air. I meandered through campus, admiring all of the young chippies, then made my way down to 5 points, and up across Shandon. Of course, I flatted about a mile from home...and didn't have a kit. Rode it home on the rim...the trifecta is in play. I'm sure I'll flat tomorrow too...

Going out with the Il Professore and TVH in the a.m.
I'm sure there will be much talk of TheDinkNut. Evidently, he's figured out that he's a menace...
It could either be good or bad. Good is him not showing for rides. Bad is him in a belltower with a rifle...

No comments: