28 May 2007

Same old, same old

The back in getting better by the day. I really have no pain in my spine and the muscle pain is little more than a dull ache. The radiating pain in my legs is all but gone. My legs just feel heavy now, from a week of inactivity. I feel fat(ter) too, as I haven't exactly been watching what I eat. Well, I've been watching it...go right into my piehole.

The H.O.'s sister got married off on Saturday. It was a nice affair. Their father is a retired USAF pilot and he chose to wear his dress blues to the wedding, because the day was about him...(rollseyes). Anyway, it was amusing because he kind of looked like a cross between Captain Steubing from "The Love Boat" and Richard Dreyfus in the movie, "Parador". Instead of the standard service ribbons, he wore all of the little medals that come with each one. I will admit, he's seen some serious shit, but the ribbons were too much. I really think he kept pulling to the left when he walked.
The reception was interesting. The Frankengroom's guests were a bit wacky. They are all Southern Separatists and do that 'dress up and re-enact the WAR' thing. The were more than a few "The South will rise again" bumper stickers in the parking lot. As I was leaving with #1, I actually heard a conversation that included the words, "Slavery wasn't a bad thing..." Scary stuff people, scary stuff...

Now for some cycling content...

Reports are trickling in that some old behaviors are re-emerging from our favorite rider. I've yet to corroborate the report, but the source is solid and the behaviors in question do not seem out pf place. Evidently, he thinks everything is hunky-dory with him and the group. The are rumblings coming from a few folks, and I'm not even included in the count this time.
Maybe it's time to just run the old boy off for good, before he takes out the entire group.

I plan on doing a loop Wednesday morning to test out the back. We'll see how it goes...!

No comments: