11 May 2007

Waxing poetic

WOW! We had a really good ride last night. The group started out really big, but whittled itself down to a final selection of 8. All had just about equal strength and all were very steady on the bike, which is a welcome change as of late. Once the selection had been made, the 8 of us rode the old Tuesday night loop through lower Richland in a nice, fast tempo, rolling paceline. Good equal pulls and no slow downs.
As we were coming in on Airbase, I starting thinking about how good it really was to be on my bike at that moment. It was about 75 degrees, the wind was blowing on our backs, the sun was directly ahead (setting), we had 8 guys taking pulls and rolling at 26 mph and the road was smooth. It really put the day in perspective. Riding a bike is good! There are times I loathe riding and times I absolutely don't want to do anything else. Last night was the latter. I told Mandrus and he asked me if I was going to cry.
I felt pretty good last night, albeit still pretty tired. My legs were much better, but my HR still wouldn't come up. Max last night was still shy of 170. Hopefully, I can get some sleep tonight so I don't completely suck on Saturday. I can tell you, I'll be napping Saturday afternoon. Il Bambino Uno is going to Grandma's on Saturday...

I won a few sprints last night as well and taught one of the Young Jedi a valuable lesson in sprinting...

OOOOOOHHHHHH! My hubs came at CC yesterday. White Industries makes some beautiful stuff. Shiny and LIGHT. The front hub was 75 grams and the rear was 225. The hoops were heavier than advertised, but only 20 grams per...! Should be same damn nice wheels...under 1400 grams for a straight up 32 hole, 3x, box section wheel...

See you on the road...

No comments: