21 January 2007

Sunday Lazy Sunday

I didn't even bother getting on the bike today. When you wake up in the morning and start making excuses for why it is that you shouldn't ride, it's best to just stay home, where it's warm and dry. I didn't plan on doing the group ride anyway, as the Sunday ride is turning into a January deathmarch. I can't understand why certain members of the group must make the effort to prove their manliness on cold January Sunday mornings. It's amusing that they are as fast right now as they will be in July...! False male pride is a bitch.
My plan was to get on the cross bike and do about 90 minutes through downtown and across the river to the MUT, do a power on, standing climb of about 5 minutes and bring my big ass back to the house. I moved my cleat on my right shoe and had a little residual knee pain from Saturday, Der Kaiser and I moved a trailer full of flagstone, which in turn made my back a little sore and my heart just wasn't in it Oh, and it was 44 degrees and pissing rain...! The excuses lead to a ride when you question why exactly you are out on the bike and make for a really sucky ride. Therefore, I stayed home. I made a trip to Lowes, moved the computer to the closet office I built and took a nap. All in all, it was a good day.

Saturday's ride was pretty good. The over/under on attendance was 5 (it was 38 degrees when I left the house). I took the under and lost. I guess it's getting close enough to the Spring Series and time change to make people roll out of bed and show up for the ride. We ended up with 12 people and did 3 hours at a nice 19 mph tempo. Boo attempted to take the group out twice. I think he just gets brain fade and forgets what he's doing. At one point, he missed riding into me by about 1/2 an inch. Before that, he just came over on my brother for no apparent reason. Later on in the ride he was riding on the yellow line when we yelled 'car back'. After the 4th time we yelled, he turned to look for himself, as if we were lying to him, and rode into the oncoming lane. He then swerved back, directly into the group. He says he was a Cat2 back in the day. If he was a 2, I was Sean Yates. That and the fact he has the musculature of a veal calf.
I can't wait for the first Thursday night ride. All the guns will be out and I'm sure there will be shots fired, which doesn't bode well for Boo.

It seems Il Professore damaged himself while painting. Get well soon you old fart. I say that with all due respect, because if I tried to keep up with his exercise schedule, I'd probably be in traction.

No comments: