11 January 2007

Bar-B-Que and political glad-handing

So we went to the Governor's Inaugural Bar-B-Que last night. There were 14 different caterers from all over the state serving their own particular style of pork. I ate one plate from Boss Hogg BBQ. These are some good guys who live in Hopkins, SC. We ride past their establishment every weekend, so I figured I'd stop and partake. It was excellent. Mustard base, flavorful meat and some DAMN good banana pudding for dessert.
There was some serious eating going on last night. Some folks had plates that resembled those of a participant in a competitive eating contest. Did they do this at every restaurant setup? I'm sure more than a few did, which makes me feel sorry for their co-workers this morning. The one plate I had made my heart hurt and I swear I felt some numbness in my left arm.

There was more back-slapping and glad-handing last night than I've ever personally witnessed. Kind of sickening when you really think about it...! Ah, South Carolina politics, what a game...

No comments: