06 January 2007

MMMM...new wheels ride good...

I rode the Cane Creek wheels today. They are definitely worth the cash and I advise you to pick some up. They are very stiff, seem to 'roll' very well, are not harsh in the least and ride lighter than their weight. Overall, I'm very pleased with them. I can't wait to get into the crit with them on the bike.
The ride itself was good as well. The group was big for this time of year. Of course, it was 60 degrees at 9 am and quickly rose to around 70 before the ride was over. Then again, our little group ride turned into a 4 hour test of both mental acuity and mechanical ability. We had 1 flat before our stop, 1 flat AT the stop, a chain with a stiff link that had to be broken and repaired at the stop and finally, another flat about 10 minutes from home. Our resident, and only, female hammer ran over something large, and sharp, enough to cut her tire and take a bite out of the rim. She limped home with 50 lbs. of co2 and a Luna bar wrapper acting as a boot.

No rest for the weary though...! The H.O. was raking out flower beds and seeing as she's pregnorant, I was forced to pull the tarp full of wet leaves to the curb about a half dozen times. Then I de-leafed the front yard.

I'm tired and COPS in on TV...
Out...

No comments: