13 January 2007

Osama Bin Ridin

Osama isn't in the Middle East anymore. He was spotted today at a small convenience store in Lower Richland county, South Carolina. He's now using the name Philip and is in an undergrad program for education at the University of South Carolina.

Good ride today. 14 folks showed up and we rode a piano for about 3.5 hours. I ended up with 100km, so I was pleased with the ride. My brother flatted at the store for a second week in a row. Get some new tires Chip!!!
The Dink was up to his old tricks again. He tried to bridge a gap, only to fail and make the excuse that he wasn't trying hard. Yeah, whatever...I'm sure you could have closed the gap to the two Cat3 guys that were doing a steady power interval...! The second trick was on a long dirt section that was a nasty piece of climb. He started on the road first, swerved to miss a hole, almost crashed himself, Der Kaiser and myself out, and then proceeded to get caught and/or dropped by the rest of the group that chose to tackle the Roubaix section. He claimed he dropped his chain twice. Mandrus refuted this claim, as he was riding beside him the whole way.
I didn't have the heart to tell him that you can't drop your chain if you never get out of the small ring, especially on a 5% climb where you are forced to keep the power on and stay seated.
The third trick was when he 'swerved' to miss a tar patch in the road and when I saw 'swerved', I mean 'turn dead left'! La Martilla even wondered why he was such a moron, and she NEVER talks about people in that manner. That's the very definition of Litmus test.

I got brushed by the mirror of a car on the way to the ride. The guy had plenty of room...he did it on purpose. I chased my guts out, but never caught him. It's probably for the best as I would have likely given him a beating of colossal proportions and hurt my hands in the process. It's difficult to ride in a hard cast...

Be careful out there.

No comments: