18 January 2007

Oy vey

We hit the trails again last night for a lovely two hour jaunt. I'm glad I rode, but my heart just wasn't in it. Il bambino was hard to guard yesterday and it just made me tired. He's like a shark. He's either swimming full speed or laying on the bottom. The window people were here as well. Nothing like trying to get some peace and quiet with a workcrew beating on the house. The new slider windows do look damn good though. It's raining and 36 degress right now, so I don't expect to see them today...

The ride was pretty uneventful. We rode out, went down the dirt road that we climbed last Saturday, turned around and rode back. I forgot to lube my chain, so it sounded like I was killing baby mice the entire way. FWIW, the dirt road seemed much shorter while descending on it last night. I wonder why?? ;)-
It was farking cold last night though. 44 and sunny is one thing. 44, windy and dark is a different animal. I actually wore the USPS team issue roubaix bib knicks last night. My fingers, toes and about 3 inches of upper arm were the only things that were chilly. Thank God I didn't have to stop to use the loo. I would have needed help. My brother and I are close and all, but I think we both draw the line at helping the other whiz.

Target is calling me...
Later!

No comments: