29 January 2007

No ride for you!

Man, Saturday whipped my monkey ass. 3-1/2 hours on the cross bike and an afternoon of yardwork took away any energy I may have for the Sunday ride. I got dressed and went up to the spot. Fortunately, no one showed for the ride, so I rode home. I got exactly 3 miles on Sunday. When I walked back in the house, the H.O. asked what I forgot, to which I answered "my heart". Some days it's better to laze about and do nothing. I got a good nap, ate some Silician pizza for dinner, watched BSG and went to bed.
Evidently, I was mis-informed about TheDink. He's NOT playing Boo Radley, he's playing Bob Ewell in 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. His nickname will revert back to TheDink...
TheDink's 'Sh*t-talk of the Day' (trademark pending) for Saturday was pretty interesting. He claimed he didn't want to go do the Lake Loop with the Vicious Bikers because he "just didn't want to have to drag them around for 4 hours". He told them that it was "too early in the season for such a long ride".
I may be a bit of a dick, but I'm not stupid, especially when it comes to bikes, training and riding.
First, I have ridden with the VB guys on several occasions. While they may not all be the strongest, the best bike handlers or even all that nice, they definitely do not need to be dragged around by TheDink. A couple of those guys are actually damn fast...! Faster than TheDink will ever be.
Second, TheDink claims he used to be a Cat2 back in the day. If this was true, he'd know that January IS the time of year to do a 85 mile tempo ride. He rides in the 85% HR zone that you're NEVER supposed to ride in...all the time.

From this day forward, written in ride reports, TheDink's 'Sh*t-Talk of the Day' (TM pending) will be a feature on this blog. I don't know how he keeps up with the BS he spews...

Time cannot change soon enough. The Spring Series is coming and the group rides will be getting fast soon. It looks like it may be time to start making forays into The Pain Cave. Oh, how I love and hate The Pain Cave...! I may stick my head in this week during some trainer sessions. It's too cold to ride at night AND do intervals...

Lunchtime...

No comments: