02 January 2007

Happy New Year...

...Big f*cking deal...
The H.O. and I watched "Invincible" , with Mark Wahlberg, on NYE. Pretty good movie and a true story to boot. It's worth the $4 at Blockbuster.

Last Saturday's ride was pretty good. Beautiful weather with temps in the 60s and virtually no wind. I think we actually had a little tailwind action on the way home. Same old same old from Dink. He was chased, caught, and dropped a few times. I just don't get it. He went of the front coming to the bridge sprint AGAIN. This time my brother led the charge and we chased him down at 60 kmh. The best part was when Dink tried to shift and accelerate to catch the wheel as we went by. I was really amused by the whole thing. You better call Petacchi and borrow some legs if you're going to jump on a train going 20 kmh faster than you and likely 10-15 kmh faster than you are capable of riding.
Prior to this, Karl and Trez decided to have a go at one another. There's nothing like closing a gap at 50 kmh, getting across and then having the main combatants pull over and expect you to pull through...! Needless to say, there were four of us in the little break. Dink made some excuse about not being in the right gear and just riding along...
The others just watched us kill ourselves and were only about 15 seconds behind the whole time...

No ride Sunday or New Years' Day as it was raining both days. Brohem and I will be in the woods tomorrow night. I'm trying a new light setup...we'll see...or maybe we won't...!

I'm still waiting on my new carbon wheels...! It's killing me. I will, in fact, be one them one day this weekend...if they show up.

I really don't watch, or even like, college football, but GD...How good was the end of the Fiesta Bowl. Boise State pulling out some old school backyard plays to win the game! Hook and Ladder? Statue of Liberty? I felt like I was back in Junior High. Brilliant!!!!!!

Peace out!

No comments: