09 September 2015

Short, and slow...

Much like a few people around here, last night's ride was short, and slow.
Let's start from the beginning though...

Radar said a little rain was around, and the sun was actually out, so I kitted up.
The wind was picking up, and the skies were darkening, but as most around here know, the weather changes in minutes.
A smaller than normal group rolled out, which was made even smaller by the the front half not bothering to wait when a split occurred at a red light. Bad form guys...bad form.
Heading out 12th, it was flying monkey dark, and we could SEE the rain falling. Off to the right...the direction we were headed, the sky was clear.
We rode on...
Well, that rain found us, and it was heavy. No "severe" weather, just a deluge and wind.
Some turned back...cough, cough...Mike...
We soldiered on...



People began riding willy-nilly...crossing the white line. Nope...I'm going to the front. Not getting taken down for a silly reason. I drove it through the rain, to the end of 12th. Lo and behold...the rain let up. And my legs decided they wanted no part of the ride anymore.
After 115km yesterday, the pins just weren't interested. The Professor and I took a bunch of cut-throughs, and rolled home slowly. It was all I wanted.
Short and slow...
The bike is filthy. Glad I cleaned it Monday afternoon.
Guess I'll be back down in Service Course shortly...

Sticky Bottle posted a good article about crashes in pro races. Hits the mark...
CRASHES

He's not wrong about those jackholes running alongside the riders. Dudes in costumes. Little kids, Fat guys in flip flops. You aren't cycling fans. You're fucking morons...
You're right up there with the 'fauxperts'.
This idiot is possibly the most egregious offender. If you guys put together a GoFundMe account for bail, I'll be glad to assault him.

Gotta jet. The Duke needs to go to school, and it's my day to provide "healthy snacks". Dog forbid they're late. His teacher needs to spend a few years teaching public school, where her youthful enthusiasm can be beaten down...I mean, tempered.

Good day my friends! Be productive. Or don't...that shit is sometimes overrated.




No comments: