26 November 2012

Mmmm...Monday

Most people hate Mondays.  Me, well...not so much.  Sure, it's the start of another week, but it also means that the Boss goes back to the office, and 2 of 3 members of Junior Mgmt. go back to school.  It's a quiet house with just me and Il Bambino here.  Like I said, it ain't so bad...

The 6 day Thanksgiving stack finished yesterday.  I'm feeling better than expected.  It's been a long time since I put 6 straight days in on the bike.  All told, it was dead on 16 hours spent in the saddle.  Doesn't sound like much if you get paid to ride, but when your normal week is 10-12 hours on the bike, 16 is a big week.

 Saturday was big and blue...
As was Sunday...

Sure, it was chilly, but that's really no excuse to stay inside.

And people who didn't ride Sunday missed mini-horses!

And that alone was worth the price of admission...

This is my friend Koko.  To say that this picture pushes the vast majority of my buttons would be an understatement.  Cool car, crushingly beautiful brunette, and that cocked eyebrow...woof!

 Suddenly, the idea of a tandem isn't so off-putting.

 Kill it with fire!  As as the frame is wood, the idea is a solid one.  This puts the capital W in W T F ?  Hipsters...
 And on the other side of that coin, a proper Yamaguchi track bike.  Not sure about the Brooks saddle, but the rest... #yum

Zombie apocalypse?  What zombie apocalypse?  I'll take mine in either desert camo, or flat black, thank you.  Powerball is $425M this week.  If I should be so fortunate as to win so cash, this will be the very first thing I order.

Here's Koksijde from Saturday (last lap) :



@ 5:05, I guess there's no Flemish translation for "mental breakdown"...

Link for the entire broadcast... Koksijde

Sunday's race from Gieten (whole broadcast):




Enough for a Monday...

Enjoy your sunny day!  Namaste...





No comments: