02 December 2009

Hump Day

It's only Wednesday? Jesus, this week has been long already! I have a ripper of a head cold too! I'm not sure exactly HOW I was infected with this virulent strain of crud, but I'll hazard a guess and say that one of the MTs brought it into our home. Have either of them been under the weather? NOPE! The H.O.? NOPE! Meanwhile, I'm coughing up shit that looks like banana pudding. To add insult to injury, it's raining and 48 degrees outside. The MTs may get a dose of the 'sleepy juice' this afternoon! (Kidding! Just in case anyone from DSS is reading this...)

Last night, the H.O. and I went to a double secret holiday party. Can't tell you the who, where, how, but I can tell you that it was fun and we were very appreciative for having been invited. It was nice to put on big boy clothes and have the opportunity to have actual adult conversations that didn't include references to all things toddler related!

I didn't get to ride last night, but made up for it this morning by riding the infernal machine down in The ManHole(tm) for 70 minutes. Sure, it doesn't sound like a long time, but after a 5 minute spin-up, I sat my HR @ 90% and left it there for 60 minutes. It sucked, but my legs actually felt okay. The lungs, well, they protested for the first 15 minutes or so. It felt like I was breathing through a snorkel! I think it was good for me to sweat and cough though. I feel better for the effort.

And the window at Cycle Center has been painted for Christmas again...more proof of my theory that the line between artistic and autistic is, indeed, very fine!

No comments: